Powered by WebAds

Friday, November 04, 2016

Dad's fourth yahrtzeit


Today, the 3rd day of the Jewish month of Cheshvan, marks Dad's fourth yahrtzeit (anniversary of the date of his death). That's Dad holding my brother and me in the picture (I'm the one standing). I still have imaginary conversations in my head with him and Mom in which I update them about their great-grandchildren, most of whom Dad never met (Mom never met any of them).

The rabbis tell us that on each anniversary of a person's death, once they have made it to the Garden of Eden, they rise another level. That's why on a yahrtzeit, the children are told that the neshama (soul) should 'have an aliya' (be uplifted). 

May our entire family be uplifted by today's events.

Shabbat Shalom to all of you.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:50 PM, Blogger NancyB said...

This is a very beautiful post.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

As long as people remember us we are alive.

Still remember your tweet 3 years ago from the airport with torn jacket on your way home.

And yes i also have those 'conversations' with my father who past away.

May your father be uplifted to the ext level.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google