Powered by WebAds

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Yisrael HaYom opens English language website

Yisrael HaYom, the Sheldon Adelson-backed Hebrew language daily that is handed out for free every day, is opening an English-language website.
Now, Israel Hayom has launched an English-language site run by former JPost Executive Editor Amir Mizroch, providing the main stories and opinion of the day in a digestible newsletter form.

This is a welcome addition to the vibrant Israeli media scene catering for those who want to know what’s going on in Israel in English.
I'm looking forward to it.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, Blogger Juniper in the Desert said...

Thank you!

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Sunlight said...

Excellent! Haven't I heard that there is an "easy Hebrew" newspaper? I need to get that. Or maybe they will make a few articles in Israel Hayom in a 2-column Hebrew/English version, with audible type reading buttons. Did you read recently that learning a new language keeps the brain working well? I'm sure we spent good money to produce that info that everybody knows... I learned multiple languages in earlier years, but not the one that I want to know now!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger teddy said...

Frankly, I'm not looking forward to it. After the Mercaz Harav massacre, Mizroch wrote an outrageous piece in the Jerusalem Post which basically said, "Who cares, no normal Israeli ever heard of Mercaz Harav anyway." I expect plenty of hostility to those right of him whom Mizroch does not consider "normal".

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google