Powered by WebAds

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Customer 'service'?

As some of you may have figured out already, I am in Boston again.

Those of you who have done the overseas travel thing know that the way to beat westbound jet lag is to stay awake as long as possible and then try to sleep until a normal hour of the morning.

This morning at 2:45 AM my US cell phone rang. It was a voice in Hebrew and it asked for my identification number, which I know by heart. The woman then asked for the last four digits of my Israeli credit card that I use to pay my cell phone bills. I asked "Who is this?" And she said that it's Orange 'customer service.' I said it's 2:45 AM here and you have one hell of a nerve for calling me at this hour (they have no record of that phone number - they had to have gotten it from my wife).

I called home (where it was 8:45 AM) and the first words out of Mrs. Carl's mouth were "I told her not to call you." It turns out that Mrs. Carl has my credit card number but they "needed to hear a man's voice." She was trying to get them to make an adjustment on our bill (the same adjustment they've been promising to make since July.

Jerks.

I'm looking into switching cell phone companies. If any Israelis have any recommendations, please let me know (in the US I use Cingular/AT&T). And if I can get that woman fired, I will.

2 Comments:

At 6:46 PM, Blogger Kim Hartveld said...

Carl, I don't know what phone you have, but my Nokia can be set to only ring for calls from phone numbers that belong to a selected caller group (in your case, your wife). It's called "Alert for". Your phone might have a similar function. If not, you might want to switch phones, i.s.o. companies.

 
At 1:05 AM, Blogger Butchie! said...

It could very well be her boss who told her to make that call.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google